Sharon's Journey Through Life

Monday, May 12, 2008

Welcome

Welcome to my new blog. I have another blog already (Abundant Books), but I went to an inspiring seminar on Friday in at Cockle Bay on Blogs, Wikis and other web tools. I came home wanting to expand my knowledge and my presence on the web. As I have become involved in a couple of swaps through other's blogs, I decided to put up a more personal, creative blog. So, let's see were it leads me.

A little about myself. I'm a teacher librarian in a Catholic college in the outer west of Sydney. I have been married for twenty one years and have two girls - ten and fourteen. We live at the base of the Blue Mountains and spend most of our free time four-wheel driving, camping and catching up with friends. I have sewn since I was a teenager, and am a proficient patchworker. I have also dabbled in decoupage, making paper, hand-binding journals and books, folk art and lots of other bits and pieces. I am interested in aromatherapy and alternative remedies. My girls would describe my dress sense as feral - a cross between Tree of Life and vintage. My home is just that - a home full of my families history. Shabby chic meets eclectic. Comfortable and full of meaning.

No comments: