Mmmm. What will I wear? A pretty floral dress and ribbons in my hair. My lovely vintage beaded purse that was my mum's as a young woman. Delicate beaded sandals and pretty pink nail polish. And of course, a smile of delight.
Visit the other tea party girls - Shelby, Genevieve, Shann and our hostess Glenda.
Nutty Chicken Ribbon Sandwiches
15 slices grain bread
90g spreadable butter or margarine
1 1/2 c (200g) finely chopped cooked chicken
1 stick celery, finely chopped
1 1/2 T sour cream
2 T mayonnaise
1/3 c chopped pistachios
- Spread one side of each bread slice with butter.
- Combine chicken, celery, sour cream, mayonnaise and nuts in a bowl; mix well.
- Spread five slices of bread with half the chicken mixture, top with buttered braed, buttered side down.
- Spread with remaining chicken mixture, top with buttered bread, buttered side down.
- Cut crusts from sandwiches, cut sandwiches into thirds, cut each third into two pieces.
2/3 c sultanas
75 ml bourbon, dark rum or orange juice
1 1/3 c plain flour
2 t baking powder
1/2 t bicarb soda
1/2 t salt
125 g unsalted butter, melted
2/3 c sugar
2 large eggs
4 small, ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 c (60 g) chopped walnuts
1 t vanilla essence
- Heat the sultanas and rum (or substitute) in a small saucepan. Remove from heat, cover and leave one hour.
- Preheat oven to 170 degress Celcius.
- Sift flour, baking powder, bicarb and salt into a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, blend butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs, then the banana. Stir in the walnuts, drained sultanas and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture, a third at a time, stirring well.
- Spoon into a greased, floured loaf tin and bake for 1 - 1 1/4 hours.