Sharon's Journey Through Life

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Gall Stones

I have suffered with non-cardiac chest pain for fourteen years and it was put down to reflux. I have been on medication for it for a number of years and still sometimes get the pain. I got jack of it recently and got a referral to a gastroenterologist, who sent me for an ultrasound to rule out gall stones.

Guess what? I have a large gall stone about 3 1/2 cms in diameter! I have now been referred to a laproscopic surgeon, who I see in the middle of January, to probably have my gall bladder removed. Finally, I may be free of the pain that I have weathered on and off for years :-)

1 comment:

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

I hear ya!
I thought I was having a heart attack when moving house amonth before I got married...
Ultrasound later and two days later surgery!
Gall stones and heaps of gravel...
They were black as the ace of spades,so had been there a long time.
Once out I lost alotof weight and never fely better.